Tourism Technology Trends
• The growth and integration of tourism and digital technology has been exponential over the past five years.
• Globally tourists are increasingly using digital channels to research, plan and most importantly book their breaks.
• Purchasing decisions have become faster and value for money is a priority in austere times.
• Visitors to Northern Ireland are using new ways to source information and book their holidays, but what does this mean for our 'warm welcome' and ability to promote our tourism offering in a personal way?
At this Tourism Technology masterclass we will:
• Find out how technology is being used globally to attract and retain visitors
• We will present some of the latest local research into how visitors use technology to plan their breaks in Northern Ireland
• You will learn how local tourism businesses can use these insights to promote your offering and to generate business
This masterclass is being hosted with Logon.ni and our industry partners, who will be on-hand to answer your questions on how we can help you make more of the digital opportunities to promote and grow your business.
Who Should Attend?
• Accommodation providers
• Tourism Information Officers
• Tourism Development Officers
• Regional Tourism Providers
• Tourism Businesses wishing to gain insights into the latest tourism technology trends
As the Head of Technologies at Ogilvy Group UK Scott Seaborn's work won more than 20 awards including Cannes Lions, London Internationals, Creative Circles, D&AD and DMAs. Scott is now Executive Creative Director at XS2; the award-winning agency dedicated to both tailored marketing and business solutions through mobile. XS2 work on behalf of a long list of household names and global brands. Scott is responsible for the creative direction of all client projects and for the international growth of the company. In the early days of the internet Scott created some of the first digital campaigns. He spent seven years working through all the various digital disciplines before concentrating on mobile. Scott is considered to be a global leader in mobile technologies and has been a pioneer in the field for a decade.
09.30 Coffee and Registration
10.20 Ross Fothergill , Director of Business Development, NITB
10.45 Coffee Break
11.00 Scott Seaborn
12.00 Digital Workshops: An Introduction. Naomh McElhatton DANI, Jill Robb, Ambition Digital.
12.15 Lunch and Networking
Attendance is complimentary with lunch provided. Space is limited and will be allocated on a strictly first come first served basis.
Tourism Northern Ireland
St Anne's Court, 59 North Street
BELFAST, BT1 1NB
Tel 028 9023 1221
Fax 028 9024 0960
Textphone 028 9044 1522
This is the industry site of Tourism Northern Ireland. Click here to visit our consumer website, DiscoverNorthernIreland.com