Marble Arch Caves
Visitor Experiences Grading Scheme
Participating in the scheme assists operators to maintain and continually improve the quality of their offering.
The star award is an independent mark of quality and tourism businesses displaying a Tourism NI quality star rating have been officially quality assessed by Tourism NI.
How the scheme works
To achieve a star rating, tourism operators choose to be subject to an annual incognito assessment from an experienced Quality Advisor who will undergo the customer journey.
Following the visit, verbal feedback will be offered to the owner, manager or appropriate staff member and a full report and score sheet will be provided in writing where the star award will be advised.
Quality Advisors undertake a rigorous training programme. Assessments are objective and draw on extensive experience of the visitor attraction and activity sector.
Who is eligible?
The Visitor Experience Quality Grading Scheme is open to tourism businesses that offer a quality visitor experience to tourists. This includes, but not exclusively, museums, castles, historic houses, tours, art venues, wildlife experiences, gardens and garden centres.
Benefits for visitor attraction operators of being quality graded
- Access to one-to-one advice from a team of experienced Quality Advisors.
- Provision of a written report highlighting the strengths and weaknesses and suggestions for improvements
- Priority display on Tourism NI's consumer website www.discovernorthernireland.com
- Reassurance to potential visitors from a recognised and official organisation
Download the full benefits leaflet here.
Belleek Pottery is currently one of three 4 Star Visitor Experiences in County Fermanagh. In this short video, Patricia McCauley, Visitor Centre Manager at Belleek Pottery, talks briefly about their experience and journey through Tourism NI’s Quality Grading Scheme for Visitor Experiences.
The annual subscription fee for operators on Tourism NI’s Visitor Experience Quality Grading Scheme is £150 (including VAT.)
To request an application please contact the office on 028 9044 1682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits for Visitor Experience Operators of Being Quality Graded
- Criteria for Visitor Experiences on Quality Grading
- Quality Grading Criteria for Activity Providers
- Quality Grading Criteria for Leisure Centres and Activity Centres
- Quality Grading Criteria for Wildlife Experiences
- Quality Grading Criteria for Garden Centres
- Quality Grading Criteria for Tourist Shops
- Quality Grading Criteria for Arts Venues