ROI Market Review
The Republic of Ireland (ROI) market represents a significant tourism opportunity for Northern Ireland.
Unlocking the Growth Potential
An independent ROI Tourism Taskforce was set up back in 2015 to look at ways to stabilise performance and drive sustainable growth from this market. The Taskforce launched a report and action plan for unlocking the full potential of the ROI Short Break Market.
A complete review of the market showed that the potential was there to attract the ROI market
- ROI already delivered a very significant number of visitors to NI, with a total of 456,000 visitors in 2016
- The ROI market tend to visit the regions, with around 75% staying outside Belfast
- ROI visitors are also more likely to visit outside peak season
- The cost of reaching and influencing the ROI consumer is significantly less than when targeting the overseas markets
- Research has shown a significant interest in taking a short break in NI at some point in the future.
Tourism NI has developed a ROI Toolkit, designed to help the tourism industry maximise growth opportunities in this market.
This guide is informed by the recent research on the ROI market and takes you through a 6 step process to understand and apply the learnings. It includes checklists, worksheets and handy hints to help you to get the most out of it.