Tourism NI Marketing Campaign
Tourism Northern Irelands latest campaign launched on 3rd May in Northern Ireland only, this is in line with current travel advice.
An integral part of Tourism NI’s Recovery Campaign, the campaign highlights the many ways people can embrace Northern Ireland’s giant spirit through the creative concept of ‘A Small Step to a Giant Adventure’. The call to action “Book your next Giant Adventure at discovernorthernireland.com” encourages people to book in advance of the indicative reopening date of 24th May. The campaign will be executed across TV, Radio, Outdoor, Press, PR, Social and Digital.
About our campaign
Our marketing campaign provides an opportunity in our Domestic Market (NI) and, when the time is right, it will also provide an opportunity in the Republic of Ireland (ROI) market to promote the message to consumers to staycation in Northern Ireland, supporting and revitalising our local industry. Enabling our Accommodation Providers, Visitor Attractions, Experience Providers and those in the wider hospitality sector, to work collaboratively with us and to help amplify our campaign through your own activity, promoting Northern Ireland, Embrace a Giant Spirit to the full extent.
Segments and themes
NI: Aspiring Families, Natural Quality Seekers and Social Instagrammers (see note below- new NI segments based on NI Domestic review 2020)
ROI: Open to Ideas and Active Maximisers
ROI segments: Further information on Tourism NI segments Market here.
NI segments: Tourism Northern Ireland have recently conducted a Northern Ireland Domestic Tourism Strategy 2020 review, this is available here.
Central themes: Northern Ireland- Embrace a Giant Spirit.
Civic Pride- Holiday at home. Support Local businesses in NI, Re-connection with family and friends, Outdoors & Coastal. Responsible Tourism.
Comprised of: Experiences, Destination, Accommodation offering, Food and Drink experiences. Call to Action: https://discovernorthernireland.com/
Councils: Tourism Northern Ireland is delighted to be partnering with all of the NI Councils on delivery of the campaign.
Where your offer appears
If you submit an offer to support our campaign, it will be displayed on our consumer website, discovernorthernireland.com here:
How you can get involved online
Digital ways for you to get involved and join the conversation.
Use both our hashtags to join online conversations across the campaign:
Send your content-
video and imagery to firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape video content works best, send us your content in the highest resolution possible.
Our experience brand
PR, Media visits and other ways to get involved
Tourism NI’s PR and Media Visits teams host media throughout the year. There are opportunities to provide services as part of these familiarisation (FAM Trips) trips through accommodation, tours, activities, experiences and meals.
This is your opportunity to showcase what you have to offer by providing competitive and, where appropriate, complementary accommodation rates or hospitality for these trips.
If you are interested in working with us on our familiarisation trips, contact: email@example.com
PR- how you can get involved:
- Keep us up to date on any new experiences being offered, or any changes to your experiences - we need to ensure the information we use is current and accurate.
- A calendar of events/activities is welcome.
- Contact us if you have a PR idea or creative for the ROI or NI markets, we would be happy to discuss how we can support you.
- Let us know if you are planning on doing PR / marketing / advertising in ROI or NI so we can help /support or let you know if it can be incorporated into anything we are working on.
- Where possible, our ROI team can offer prizes for media – print and broadcast.
FAM trips, or other ways to get involved:
- Send us information on your product that is consumer focused, easy to read and engaging for journalists and members of the public, so we have quick, easy access to it.
- Offer media rates for FAM trips for ROI and International journalists or FOC when appropriate.
- Assist with Fam Trips / let us know of any new offerings / experiences to visit in your area.
- Provide personalised experiences for journalists that really sell your experience and will ensure they write positive articles.
Tourism Northern Ireland have recently conducted a Northern Ireland Domestic Tourism Strategy review, this can be viewed here.
Further information about the ROI Market including table stakes, lack of product knowledge and propensity to travel is available in the ROI taskforce research.
Download a copy to better understand how to target ROI market segments in your marketing activity. Available here.
This ROI toolkit takes you through a 6 step process to understand and apply the learnings. It includes checklists, worksheets and handy hints to help you to get the most out of it. You can find out more here.