9 Nov 2022
Tourism NI Insight Event: People – Recruitment and Retention
One of the largest challenges facing the industry is that of the recruitment and retention of staff. Due to increased operating costs, it is more important than ever that the sector is able to adapt and maximise savings from their ability to recruit, retain and train their workforce.
The line-up for the Recruitment and Retention insight event on the day was as follows:
- Perceptions Research into Employment in Tourism & Hospitality – BBDO
- Carrying out a ‘People’ Business Healthcheck – Jill O’Reilly, O’Reilly People Management
- HATS & Springboard update – Roisin McKee, HATS/People 1st
- Recruitment and Retention panel discussion with insights on what we can do differently to attract & retain staff and make Hospitality and Tourism a great place to work with guest speakers:
• Laura Millar - Galgorm Collection
• Ciaran O’Neill –Bishop’s Gate Hotel
• Niall McKenna – James Street South/Waterman House
The insights session invited industry to:
- Learn from the latest in-depth local research conducted by Tourism NI carried out with a range of stakeholders.
- Assess your current recruitment and retention practices
- Review your training and development plans
- Adapt and improve your people practices based on expertise and advice from those who can demonstrate and share results.
Key themes of the day centred around examining good practice in the areas of,
- Reward & employee engagement
- Progression opportunities
- Flexibility/work-life balance
- Exploring recruiting from non-traditional channels and how to reach wider labour pools.
- Becoming an employer of choice.
All presentations from the day are available to download and can be found on the right hand side of this page.
Scroll down to view live recordings for each of the presentations.
To access all resources and support materials from this event, and for other information and guidance around People – Recruitment and Retention, please click here.
TED Insight- People – Recruitment and Retention Round Up
Please find below recordings of each of the individual presentations from this event. you can also find pdf versions of the slides on the right hand side.