Consumer Sentiment Analysis
Tourism NI’s Consumer Sentiment Analysis gives in depth analysis on consumer confidence, propensity to travel and consumer concerns.
At this time of uncertainty in the tourism and hospitality sector, access an in depth analysis on consumer confidence, propensity to travel and consumer concerns to help you make business decisions moving forward.
In the most recent addition:
- Following the loosening of restrictions Covid anxiety remains relatively stable in both markets.
- Key motivations for taking a break in NI continue to centre around relaxation and the opportunity to escape and get away from it all.
- Unease with indoor events remains and consumers continue to feel much more content engaging in outdoor activities.
- High visitor volumes were recorded from both the domestic and ROI markets over the 2021 summer period.
- Of those ROI consumers who visited NI in 2021, almost half were experiencing their first NI holiday/short break.
- Results confirm a short lead-in period for researching and booking summer trips taken in NI.
- High levels of visitor satisfaction were reported among those who took a trip in NI, particularly around the quality of accommodation and food & drink, as well as value for money and NI’s welcome/hospitality.
- NI and ROI consumers’ travel intentions suggest a positive autumn and winter period can be expected for businesses. While September and October remain the most popular months for a potential visit, interest also extends to November/December in the run-up to Christmas.