Consumer Sentiment Analysis
Tourism NI’s Consumer Sentiment Analysis gives in depth analysis on consumer confidence, propensity to travel and consumer concerns.
At this time of uncertainty in the tourism and hospitality sector, access an in depth analysis on consumer confidence, propensity to travel and consumer concerns to help you make business decisions moving forward.
In the most recent addition:
- Consumer sentiment continues to improve and willingness to be vaccinated has increased.
- General appetite to travel has grown. NI staycations are likely to return mid-summer, however evidence of pent up demand for holidays abroad suggests competition with other holiday destinations will increase as the year progresses.
- Escapism and the desire to reduce stress levels are what people are looking forward to most from their future break – as long as they can do it safely.
- Flexible arrangements for cancellations remain key to encouraging bookings.
- While most consumers feel at ease engaging in outdoor activities this summer, crowded indoor activities will continue to remain an issue.
- There is reluctance to book a live indoor or outdoor event for this summer/autumn amidst safety concerns.
- Sustainable considerations will have more of an influence on what type of holidays NI and ROI residents choose post-Covid.