Consumer Sentiment Analysis
Tourism NI’s Consumer Sentiment Analysis gives in depth analysis on consumer confidence, propensity to travel and consumer concerns.
Tourism NI’s consumer sentiment research provides an in-depth analysis on ROI and NI consumer confidence, propensity to travel and consumer concerns to help inform your business decisions.
Fieldwork for the latest wave was undertaken at the end of March 2022.
Key findings include:
- Despite growing case numbers, anxiety relating to COVID-19 dropped considerably for both NI and ROI consumers.
- Key motivations for taking a break in NI continue to centre around relaxation, having fun and the opportunity to escape and get away from it all.
- Following a largely positive 2021 performance, results point to continued high levels of ROI and domestic visitor volumes during 2022.
- NI again welcomed high proportions of first time ROI visitors in 2022, with half of those visiting since the start of the year enjoying their first NI holiday/short break.
- The vast majority of domestic and ROI visitors said their NI trip met or exceeded expectations.
- Recent waves have shown increased proportions of consumers in both markets feeling more content engaging in a range of indoor activities, although some lag remains for pubs/bars and indoor events.
- While ROI and NI consumers rate NI as better value for money than GB or ROI, but behind Spain, some erosion in NI’s perceived value for money is evident in recent waves.
- Results indicate continued strong demand for an NI trip in spring/summer 2022, however intentions to travel abroad remain high for our close to home markets, fuelled primarily by the desire for a sun holiday.
- The vast majority of consumers in both markets expect to be negatively affected by cost-of-living increases.