17 May 2022
New Webinar Series Launches to Share Best Practices in Recruitment and Retention
The Hospitality and Tourism Network (HATS) is releasing a new webinar series supported by Tourism NI to help businesses adapt their recruitment and retention practices in response to the skills and recruitment crisis the industry is currently facing.
The HATS Network Recruitment and Retention Webinar Series is designed to help small and medium sized businesses adopt and implement ‘Our Hospitality & Tourism Commitment’ - a voluntary code of conduct to enhance the appeal and attractiveness of the industry as a good quality employer and great place to work.
With staffing issues top of the agenda for hospitality and tourism operators, the webinar series aims to provide best practice support and guidance to businesses.
Ciaran O’Neill, Chair of the HATS Network comments:
“Businesses are working harder than ever to attract and retain talent and many employers are already making great strides to address working practices.
For those that want to attract from a wider talent pool, and look at approaches to develop, recognise and reward staff, this webinar series provides a wealth of insights, new ideas and best practices around areas such as non-traditional recruitment channels, training and development, well-being and reward, engagement and recognition.”
A total of eight webinars will be available within the series, including:
- Northern Ireland Labour Market: Headline labour market trends” – available now
- Training & Development - Supporting your existing team: “Give them somewhere to go and a way to get there” – available 19 May 2022
- Training & Development - Growing your Team: "Recruiting today for your employer brand" – available 26 May 2022
- Reward, Engagement & Recognition: "Keeping the chat going and the thanks coming” – available 16 June 2022
- Wellbeing – Practicalities: “It’s about a lot more than fruit bowls in the canteen” – available 23 June 2022
- Collaboration & Partnership - supporting training and recruitment: “The partnerships which really make the difference” – available 30 June 2022
- Employer Basics - Creating Safety & Security: "Protecting your people & your business" – available 7 July 2022
Businesses are encouraged to access the series here: www.hatsnetwork.co.uk/webinars