Toolkit #2: How to deliver a great customer experience
Easy steps in delivering a great Customer Experience
- Understand who your customers are and what they want, need and expect.
- Appreciate what our competitors can offer and how we compare
- Adopt a positive attitude and choose appropriate behaviour for every service encounter
- Resolve problems quickly and to the customer's satisfaction
- Work successfully with your colleagues as part of a winning team
- Promote your organisation’s products and services, as well as the local area.
- Work continuously to improve the quality of service
Use these seven simple statements with your teams to help create ideas on how you and your team can create an even better customer experience.
- Do you know what your customers want, need and expect?
- When was the last time you checked out what your competitors were offering?
- Have you measured yourself against your competitors? Do they get higher scores than you on social media?
- Have you trained your staff on delivering great customer service (or do you expect them to come with that knowledge?)
- How do you handle customer complaints? Are your teams empowered to resolve issues as quickly as possible?
- What do you do to build team relationships?
- Do you collaborate with other businesses in your local area that compliments your own?
- How do you measure your standards? Do you research trends to see what your industry talking about? How do you innovate your products?