17 - 24 Jan 2023
Carbon Literacy for Tourism Programme 1
The course is delivered by Keep NI Beautiful and is designed around climate change criteria identified and accredited through the Carbon Literacy Project; a UN recognised organisation and the certificate awarding body.
Please note - This Programme takes place across 2 x 2&1/2 hour sessions and you must be able to commit to attendance at both sessions to take part. Dates and times as follows:
Session 1 - Tuesday 17th January 10am - 12.30pm
Session 2 - Tuesday 24th January 2pm - 4.30pm
• The climate change challenge and behaviour change
• Climate risks and opportunities for NI
• Global and local policy response
• UK and NI emissions
• Journey to net-zero
• Individual and business carbon footprints
• Individual and group action – sector examples
• Making an emission reduction pledge for you and your business
The course is externally accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project and all attendees will receive a certificate on the completion of a short evidence form at the end of the training. Please note, certification is at the discretion of the Carbon Literacy Project.
This training provides regular space for discussion and review and is an opportunity to learn more with others while sharing ideas and opinions.
• Climate change science and the urgency for action
• Climate justice, emission sources and impacts
• Carbon footprints – our own Carbon equivalent emissions and their significance
• Behaviour change – how much change is enough?
• Taking action – individual and group pledges
• How Carbon Literacy can be relevant to business sustainability agenda.
• 8 hrs of learning
• 2x 2.5hr zoom meetings, 3hrs self-study
• Toolbox Talks – this structured brief-discussion framework is provided for you to use with staff teams
• Further reading links provided supporting next steps.
• Delivered by Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful, certified through the Carbon Literacy Project
These sessions are fully funded by Tourism NI as part of their ongoing commitment to the development of the tourism industry.
If you have any queries ahead of the workshop, please email email@example.com
Please note timings are subject to change.
If these dates do not suit the programme is also running on 14th and 21st March 2023.
For more information or to register for the March dates click here.