5 May 2021
Sales Seminar - for Accommodation Providers
Tourism NI were delighted to be partnering with NI Hotels Federation to deliver a number of virtual seminars in preparation for the reopening of the sector.
As the industry returns to trading, having business on the books and ensuring that the accommodation sector has a viable trading framework is the primary aim as dates for reopening are announced.
This workshop was delivered by Helen O’Leary a renowned business Consultant to the Tourism Industry. Helen is a specialist in Sales, Marketing & Commercial strategies. Recognised expert in hotel Sales & Marketing with a proven track record in business growth, new account acquisition, segment realignment and channel development. Extensive experience in management and strategic development and in assisting businesses to greater commercial success.
This 45 minute online training session focused on the following, capitalising on the staycation market and ensuring the industry reaches its full potential upon a return to trading:
- Where will the Northern Ireland market find customers for the 2021 trading year?
- Our markets: Close to Home and ROI travellers (subject to regulations)
- Which segments within these markets are best prospects?
- What do those customers want and need? What will compel them to book, stay longer and spend more?
- How can my business capture these customers?
There were also a number of takeaway documents from the session including:
- A list of suggested actions to capture sales
- A reopening checklist with a synopsis of the actions that the industry might consider to best place them for success.
If you missed this session, or wish to watch it again, you can view a recording of the webinar below.