08 Dec 2022
Tourism NI's Spring Co-operative Marketing Fund Opens
Tourism Northern Ireland is providing industry support to help with the marketing of tourism businesses. It will deliver a range of digital and other advertising. The Northern Ireland Hotels Federation will assist the industry in supporting this activity and securing direct business.
The TNI campaign will run from 30th January to 31st March 2023.
The closing date for entries is 9th January 2023. The campaign will start on 30th January and will run through to 31st March. All advertising must be completed by 31st March.
Themed weeks will run as part of this campaign and participants are encouraged to support these where possible. The inital draft plan for these weeks is as follows:
- w/c 6th Feb – Causeway Coast & Glens
- w/c 13th Feb – Fermanagh & Tyrone
- w/c 20th Feb – Belfast
- w/c 27th Feb – Mournes & Strangford
- w/c 6th Mar – Armagh & Down
- w/c 13th Mar – Derry~Londonderry
- Funding support will be at 50%.
- Maximum £5,000 funding per entrant.
- Short-term promotional costs only with a maximum of 20% spend on production or admin.
1. Online Promotion and Offers
Who: Hotels, guesthouses, B&Bs, guest accommodation, self-catering and visitor attractions graded by Tourism NI. The campaign is also open to experience operators who have been graded 3 Star or above under the Tourism NI Quality Grading Scheme for Visitor Experiences, or who are working with the Tourism NI Experience Development team to align their experience within Northern Ireland’s Embrace a Giant Spirit brand. If you are not currently graded, contact us for advice.
Accommodation participants are asked to provide a B&B overnight rate per room. Visitor attractions and experiences should provide a ticket price or package so that customers can fully understand the value of a break in Northern Ireland. Free experiences are permitted.
Accommodation offers must be bookable online and all are subject to availability. You must provide a live booking link as part of the application process. Tickets should be bookable online where possible as this has been proven to be most attractive for customers.
The most successful participants in previous campaigns have developed bespoke landing pages with visitor information content and itinerary ideas. We encourage you to consider this if possible.
Participants are encouraged to sign up for the TXGB booking platform that is being piloted by Tourism NI. This will allow greater integration with the campaign and ease the booking process for consumers.
2. Co-operative Marketing Fund
Who: Only those taking part in section 1 who are willing to fund their own advertising.
The Co-operative Marketing Fund is designed to support your own advertising or PR in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. If your planned activity meets the criteria, the fund will cover 50% of your costs up to a maximum total payment of £5,000 per industry provider.
Those who wish to avail of this fund should note that:
- Activity and spend must happen between set dates as set out in the letter of offer you will receive.
- You can use any media or PR channel as long as it is clearly aimed at ROI or NI leisure consumers.
- Promotion of weddings or meetings is not allowed.
- You must use a tracking code in your advertising where possible.
- You should use the Embrace a Giant Spirit branding where possible.
- You must commit to spend at least £500 up front to take part. 50% of this can be claimed back.
- You must only spend on short-term promotion and limit production or admin costs to 20% of your total spend.
Further terms and conditions will be in the Letter of Offer you receive.
Important Note: Only apply for what you can spend (ex-VAT). If you don’t spend your allocation, other people lose out.
Deadline to apply for the Tourism NI Marketing Campaign closed on the 9th January 2023.