An Introduction to LinkedIn
While you might think of LinkedIn as primarily a business/professional platform, it can still have great marketing value for your travel and tourism business.
With over 810 million regular users (2023), it’s simply too big to ignore, in this article we’ll explore ways in which you can leverage the popular social media site to grow your business’s online presence.
Before we get into the specifics of leveraging LinkedIn for digital marketing for travel and tourism, let’s take a look at some recent statistics and trends on the platform.
- Articles published on LinkedIn have over 30% higher organic reach compared to Facebook and Twitter.
- 75% of B2B buyers and 84% of C-suite executives use LinkedIn when making work-related purchasing decisions.
- Companies that maintain active company LinkedIn pages experience around 43% increased web traffic.
- Around 40 million people use LinkedIn to search for jobs each week.
- A considerable portion of LinkedIn's user base is aged 46-55, making it a platform with a relatively mature audience compared to some other social networks.
LinkedIn is a good platform for posting industry-related content. However, it doesn’t all have to be heavy on the facts, figures and statistics. You can also post lighthearted content, too - whether it be about a new joiner or celebrating a business milestone.