Tips for Preparing For Networking Events | Tourism NI
Networking events can often be daunting despite being a great way to grow your contact base and referrals. It can happen formally or informally and is a great first step to growing your business to attract new markets.
- Research the delegate list before arriving and know who you’d like to meet.
- Know what you are there to do. Set an objective for the event that you can measure. Is it to meet 5 new people? What kinds of people? What do you want to achieve?
- Be natural, respectful and courteous. Its not all about collecting business cards or pinning people to the wall.
- Ask good questions and have meaningful discussions. If you haven’t built enough rapport don’t offer your business card or ask for theirs.
- Remember to give others referrals too and they will do the same for you.
- Be specific about what you are looking for and how people can help you.
- Be engaged be focussed and remember you have a very short time to make a good first impression.