Top 10 tips for hosting a fam trip
A FAM trip (Familiarisation trip) is an opportunity for a potential client to visit a variety of Northern Ireland locations to understand and experience the destination first-hand. The duration and content of the itinerary will vary depending on the business needs.
The FAM trip experience will allow the guest to return to their clients and organisation with a new education and confidence to sell Northern Ireland.
- Know exactly when your FAM group are arriving. Make contact 1-2 hours beforehand to reconfirm the arrival time. FAM trips by nature can run a little late but you don’t want to be surprised by their early arrival
- Whenever possible try and have your most senior/experienced team to welcome the group
- Be aware of the culture of the group and if there are any guests/visitors with disabilities or special needs
- If there is a registration process, prepare a pre-registration in advance
- Promote/discuss any awards or prizes you may have received. Know your USP.
- Be aware of the time you have, don’t try to keep the group for longer than the allocated time. If the group are running late discuss a new time arrangement on arrival, it's always good to have a plan A and plan B.
- Try and include an interactive experience, it will make the visit more memorable
- Be professional always, calm and pleasant
- Goodie bags/gifts are always a fun addition and a great memorable take away
- The FAM trip guests are potential clients with the ability to sell your business to their international customers and the rest of their organisation. It is the best opportunity you will have to sell and showcase your experience first-hand.