Groups are a great way to grow a community of keen users who are interested in your content and want to know more. Having a group allows you to connect and provide exclusive information to the members.
The users in your Facebook group are probably your most dedicated customers. They’re spending their time thinking about your business and engaging in discussions because they want to.
This is an opportunity to gain insight from the people who know your business best. Listen to their suggestions, know what they value, ask for feedback, and then put it into action.
- Any Facebook user can make a Group
- You can create events, upload pictures/video and share files within a Group
- Groups can be public, private or closed
- When joining a Group your Facebook friends might see that you've joined it
- Leaving a Group will not notify the other members
- Only the creator of the group and anyone they make an admin has the power to invite someone to a Group
- Groups can be deleted by removing all the members
- Watch parties are now available within groups where a selection of live videos are available for your members to view and comment on
How can tourism businesses use Facebook Groups?
Inviting fans of your tourism business to be a part of a community while engaging with them directly and regularly shows you care – it builds invaluable loyalty and trust.
Facebook groups can be used as a:
- Support community for customers with questions or queries - once answered it provides information for all members
- Place for feedback and to find out what your customers care most about
- Place to find insights - where are your members from? How many active members are there?