Tourism Recovery Action Plan
In April 2020, Diane Dodds MLA, established and chaired a Tourism Recovery Steering Group to assist in responding to the immediate, and devastating, impact of COVID-19 on the tourism and hospitality industry.
The Group, which brought together stakeholders from industry, central and local government, was tasked with developing a Tourism Recovery Action Plan aimed at ensuring the survival, and subsequent recovery, of the tourism and hospitality industry from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Minister also established a supporting Tourism Recovery Working Group, chaired by John McGrillen, the Chief Executive of Tourism NI, to lead on engagement with all sectors of the tourism and hospitality industry. The Working Group was supported by over 100 stakeholders via 10 Task and Finish Groups.
- Phase One Tourism Recovery Action Plan
- UK Government and NI Executive Support
- Phase Two Tourism Recovery Action Plan
- Key Themes
- Business Continuity
- Creating Consumer Confidence
- Stimulating Consumer Demand
- Safeguarding Connectivity
- Enhancing the Competitiveness of the Region
- Enhancing the Capability of Businesses
- Enhancing the Skills of the Workforce
- Creating a Supportive Policy Environment
- Key Themes
- Next Steps